Thursday, August 20, 2009

What am I Grateful for?

I've been seeing a lot of twittering going on about gratitude. I also saw that many are participating in a Gratitude challenge. It has me thinking a lot lately about what I am grateful for. There are so many things, my kids, my friends, my family, the life I have, my husband ( even though he drives me crazy most of the time) lol.
In this busy world that we live in it is so easy to get caught up in our everyday lives, all of the things that go wrong, the trials and struggles. I do believe that sometimes we have to be grateful for those things as well. My kids get so mad at me all of the time because when something happens to them I usually respond with "adversity builds character" which of course if always promptly followed by stomping feet and slamming doors. The truth is I actually believe this, I believe that with out the difficult times and getting off track you may never truly be able to see or appreciate the good things when they come along. These things don't have to be huge or life altering they can be as inconspicuous as a butterfly kiss.
So today I am grateful for good friends, a big ole Texas sky, a concert that made me feel young again (even if it was only for a few hours) a husband that tucked my kids in and kept them safe and kids that ran into my room this morning to hug and kiss me and tell me how happy they were that I didn't run away with the band.

0 comments: