Sunday, December 13, 2009

Getting Ready for the Holidays

Tommorrow marks the beginning of my countdown. The kids all get out of school on Thursday, so there  is much t do between now and then. I have finished 3 of the scarf and hat sets. Tommorrow I will need to run to the grocery store and pick up the rest of th backing items that I need. This year I am going the homemade route. I am going to make quite a few gifts in a jar. I am also doing all of the crochet sets.  I still have white elephant gifts to pick up and I still need to pick up the rest of the kids Christmas gifts for the kids and frankley I have hit a wall. There are so many things they want but I have promised myself that I won't go over budget and I really have no desire to spend a fortune on gifts that will only end up getting donated or thrown away in a few months.  I am still not through unpacking and moving we still have things at the other house but my health is giving me a run for my money and now on top of everything else I think I have an ulcer.  I love Christmas and usually I am all out in the mood but this year I just haven't gotten there yet. Maybe I need to take a step back and regroup. Hopefully the baking and the crochet will help settle me down both of those always seem to calm my nerves quite a bit. So its time to make the lists check them twice and put on my big girl panties, pull myself up by my bootstraps don the santa hat and get it all done. Wish me luck!

0 comments: