Monday, December 28, 2009

We Survived.. So Far



After a very busy week last week I have finally managed a little time out. Not by choice though. Once again I have run my body ragged so here I sit folding laundry which just happens to be the least painful thing I can do. My mom always says " if you don't slow down, you'll fall down!" So yes here I am admiting that she is right.. for now.
Christmas was good this year, here we are in the new house surrounded (litteraly) by all of our friends and adopted family. The kids were all happy with their gifts even though this year I didn't go all out. We added two new members to the family Buckley and Ella. The kids were so excited that not much else mattered. 
The best gift I got this year was everything, the laughter, and giggles sprinkled with hugs and kisses.  I am working on my "space issues" and the hugs are getting a little easier. I am still working on my New Years resolutions, trying not to give in to my strong impulses to resolve not to resolve.  The list is long and I am trying not to chicken out and only put the ones on there that I know I can keep up with. 
I am looking forward to friday, one of my best friends is coming for a visit. I haven't seen her in years and I was so excited when she called and said she  was coming for a visit.
The kids are going to be out of school for another week and a half so hopefully I will keep hanging on. I've been trying desperately to keep the house pickedup to no avail. I am not sure what it is about a clean room that makes the kids want to mess it up. I was so proud yesterday looking at my last basket of laundry to be folded. Ahh but the munchkins had left me a surprise in the much hated built in laundry bin in the house that I keep forgetting is there, 4 more loads of dirty laundry, oh the joys of having kids who change clothes 3 times a day and only use a towel once! Now if only the laundry fairy would hurry up and get to my house I would be doing great!

0 comments: