Tuesday, July 14, 2009

My newest obsession

When I was a little girl I used to sit along side my Big Mama and watch her crochet. When I finally got old enough for her to teach me she was to ill and I never learned.
So a few months ago I decided that no matter what I would learn to Crochet and thanks to the help of modern technology and YouTube I now consider myself an advid crocheter. So far I've made 3 blankets, some hats and a ton of scarves.
It seems as though eachtime I finish one project someone else makes a request and even though I grumble a little deep down I feel excited that someone thinks I have done a good job.
Now I find myself never leaving a craft store without some yarn, the kids hold me hostage in my room constantly reminding me that I haven't finished their projects. Don't tell anyone but I am loving every minute of it so now my sweet baboo is constantly asking " mamma did ju finish my blanky yet, ju need to huwwy up I can't wait no mo" So it looks like I will be pulling a few allnighters to get this done, I can't wait to see the look on his face when its finished.

0 comments: