Sunday, January 3, 2010

Looking Forward

Here we are, a new decade, wow it's funny how time slips away so quickly. I find myself reading up on all the blogs. I know that it's that time..New Years Resolutions but I don't find myself really wanting to make any. It has become more and more difficult for me to make plans and look ahead too far. As most of you know I am hinging on the edge of an MS Diagnosis, I have been avoiding it as much as possible. So I am guessing if I were going to make any resolutions it would go something like this.

1. Learn to take better care of myself.
2. Stop avoiding the inevidable face my illness head on and seek the proper treatment.
3. Work on my relationships with my family and friends.
4. Give the kids more boundaries, stop letting them run the house because I don't have the energy or ability to battle with them.
5. Continue to laugh every chance I get, even when I feel like crying.
6. Appreciate each moment as much as possible.
7. Learn to ask for help more often instead of feeling like I am the only one that can do anything.
8. Even if I don't feel like it force myself to get out and do at least one outing every month.
9. Stop trying to be superwoman.
10. Realize I am not in this alone.

I have been very fortunate. This move has opened my eyes so much.  I am surrounded by wonderful friends and an amazing support system. It is still hard for me to ask for help but luckily I have great friends that don't require instructions, they just jump in and start helping whether I want them to or not.
I am blessed and I know it . I am just having to learn to step back and let go and realize that somethings can wait, everything doesn't have to be perfect and I have so many people that are here to catch me if I trip, stumble or fall.

3 comments:

Theta Mom said...

Great resolutions and Happy New Year! And thanks so much for that awesome comment today. Means a lot to know you enjoy my blog! ;)

Kasey@ All Things Mamma said...

I think you've set some really amazing, brave resolutions for yourself and I think they're very attainable. Good for you!

Also, thank you for stopping by All Things Mamma today! I was soooo happy to see you!

~~louise~~ said...

Kudos too you!!! Happy New Year!